- This event has passed.
15th Annual Summer Harvest Gourmet Gala
August 12, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
All proceeds will benefit the Franciscan Earth Literacy Center’s programs for children and adults. The event will be hybrid so that those who would like to support the cause but cannot attend in person can still enjoy a delicious dinner and still participate in raffles and the online auction.
Tickets go on sale on June 1st, 2022. Tickets are $75/per person. There is an Early Bird Special of$65/per person before July 1st.
– The theme is Garden Party, and while garden party attire is suggested, it is not required.
– Guests can mingle around outside and enjoy appetizers created with fresh vegetables, microgreens and herbs grown by the Seeds of Hope Farm on the St. Francis Campus. The appetizers will be created and served by The Empire at 138 of Tiffin, Don Tomasso’s American and Italian Kitchen of Upper Sandusky, and Parkhurst Dining of Heidelberg University in Tiffin.
– Attendees will be able to sample various wines and craft brews from Gillig Winery of Findlay, Laird Arcade Brewery and The Tiffin Brewery of Tiffin, and Twin Oast Brewing of Port Clinton.
– Dinner will be catered and served by Carolyn’s Personalized Catering of Millbury inside air-conditioned Elizabeth Schaefer Auditorium while guests enjoy a live jazz music trio. Special raffle drawings, a silent auction, wine grab and live auction will follow.
– After dinner, the party continues outside until 10:00 pm with more music and drinks.
– This year there will be a special Grand Prize Raffle for the Stairway to Heaven Cottage, a week-long vacation rental for up to 11 people in Rosemary Beach, Florida, valued at $10,000. Vacation dates can be scheduled for September-October of 2023. Winners have to confirm their dates by August 31st, 2022. The winner will also receive a $500 VISA card. Tickets cost $50 each. For more information, visit https://www.30aescapes.com/ren…/stairway-to-heaven-cottage.
– Winners of all of the raffle drawings will be announced at the event, posted on Facebook, and contacted by phone. Anyone can participate in the online auction between noon August 1 and noon August 11. To view auction items and set up an account, go to: https://www.32auctions.com/FELCGala2022.
– Winners of the auction items will be notified at noon on August 12th and will also be able to pick up items on Saturday, August 13th between 1:30-4:30p.m. at the St. Francis Convent, 200 St. Francis Ave., Tiffin, Ohio or have them shipped for an additional fee.
– For those who cannot attend, a gift card will be offered (for the same value) toward dinner at The Empire at 138 or Don Tomasso’s American and Italian Kitchen. They will also be able to participate in an online auction between August 1-11 and be entered into raffles for a “Chance to Win $500” and a Gift Card Tree valued at $250. Tickets for additional raffles are also available.
The Franciscan Earth Literacy Center is grateful to the 2022 Honorary Gala Co-Chairs, Suzie Reineke and Weston Reinbolt.
The deadline to purchase dinner tickets is Friday, August 5, 2022. For more information or for ticket purchase, call the Mission Advancement Office at 419-447-0435 or visit www.felctiffin.org to purchase tickets online.